2007/7/10, Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is there a way to reset a \setupSomeThing[ ] directive?
>
> Consider for instance a complex setup for TABLES. Imagine
> I have used this setup for some parts of the document, but
> later on I want to have a radically different setup for TABLES, say.
>
> Is there a convenient way to do this as we can do with \reset[counter].
>
> saji

Hi Saji,

there is currently no command to reset the global TABLE setups
but you set them local for every table:

\start
\setupTABLE[...]
\bTABLE
\eTABLE
\stop

or you can define setups with often used setup parameters in the preamble
and use call them in your document for the corresponding table.

\startsetups table:noframe
  \setupTABLE[frame=off]
\stopsetups

\startsetups table:colorlines
  \setupTABLE[row][odd][background=screen]
\stopsetups

\startsetups table:normal
  \setupTABLE[background=,frame=on]
\stopsetups

\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\startbuffer
\bTABLE
\dorecurse{10}
  {\bTR
   \bTD Text \eTD\bTD Text \eTD
   \eTR}
\eTABLE
\stopbuffer

\start
\setups{table:noframe}
\getbuffer
\stop

\start
\setups{table:colorlines}
\getbuffer
\stop

\getbuffer

\stoptext

@Hans: Is it possible to integrate a setups key into \bTABLE to write
something like \bTABLE[setups=table:noframe] to avoid the \start/\stop
and \setups{..} commands as I did in my example above.

Wolfgang