Monday, July 16, 2007 Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> is there a "secret power switch" to tell ConTeXt that a
>> particular layer has different positioning depending on
>> wether it's on a left or right page?

> You can possible use setups and use \doifoddpageelse to set the
> layers. See

> http://archive.contextgarden.net/thread/20061102.171506.2fa793e2.en.html

Thanks a lot. I don't know if using presets is actually
going to reduce the coding, though.

In the mean time, I've found that layers have a doublesided
option. This apparently allows you to override the
left/right settings of a layer, so I tried

\definelayer[title][
  x=\dimexpr\backspace+\wdall-\wdtit,
  y=\topspace,
  width=\wdtit,
  height=\httit,
  state=repeat,
  doublesided=true,
]

\setuplayer[lefttitle][
  x=\backspace,
]

\definelayer[desc][
  x=\backspace,
  y=\topspace,
  width=\wddesc,
  height=\htdesc,
  state=repeat,
  doublesided=true,
]

\setuplayer[leftdesc][
  x=\dimexpr\backspace+\wdall-\wddesc,
]

\definelayer[figs][
  x=\dimexpr\backspace+\wdall-\wdfig,
  y=\dimexpr\topspace+\makeupheight-\htfig,
  width=\wdfig,
  height=\htfig,
]

\setuplayer[leftfigs][
  x=\backspace,
]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background={color,title,desc,figs},backgroundcolor=elux-ultralight]

However, the 'main' setup is always used, the left one is
never used. Am I doing something wrong?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta