Hi, All--

I am attempting to typeset a book in ConTeXt, but I am having some
problems with chapter titles:

  1) The font I am using for titles is completely different from the body
     font. I am trying to experiment with a couple of different variants,
     though. The following works fine:

       \setuphead [chapter]
          [ ....
            style={\switchtobodyfont[CopperplateGothicCondensed, 15pt]},
            .... ]

     However, I may want to set the chapter titles in bold. So I've
     tried:

       style={\switchtobodyfont[CopperplateGothicCondensed-Bold, 15pt]},

     but this doesn't work: the titles default to the body text font (a
     Garamond clone). It's not that the bold font is unavailable, because
     if I use the first version and add:

       numberstyle=\bf

     it has the expected/desired result: the chapter number appears in
     Copperplate Gothic Condensed Bold. I have also looked through the
     pertinent typescript and map files, and there are no misspellings;
     the required font files (tfm, vf, and pfb) are all present.
     Furthermore, I've checked the log file, and the right typescript and
     map files are always loaded; also, there is nothing in missfont.log.
     But somehow, when I specify the Bold font, it just doesn't get
     loaded.

  2) In order to get the titles just right, I may need to use customized
     commands (used via the [text|number]command parameters of
     \setuphead). But when I attempt to use such commands, TeX usually
     fails with the error:

       ! Argument of [my command name] has an extra }.

     This is not true as far as I can see--at least all the curly braces
     match in the source file. Here is one example of a command that
     causes the error:

         \def\ChapterNumber#1 {
             \switchtobodyfont [CopperplateGothicCondensed-Bold, 15pt]
         }

     I've tried various commands; this one works:

        \def\SmallSpace#1{\setupinterlinespace[line=1.6ex]#1}

     but everything else I have tried fails. Is it something to do with
     white space in the definition?

I am using the 2007-01-23 release of ConTeXt on 2 different machines.
Both run Linux, but on one I have teTeX 3.0, while on the other one I am
using the minimal TeX provided by Pragma ADE. I have run the same files
on both machines, and I don't think the TeX distribution makes any
difference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Matt Gushee