On 7/28/07, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Downgrading to gs version 8.11
> does NOT help, but downgrading to 8.11 AND changing the makempy
> methode from pdf to ps helps!
>
> gs 8.57 hangs with ps too.
>
> If an ps guru can interpret the gs error message, I will send this of
> list!?

The way to proceed is to come up with a minimal ps or pdf file that
triggers the bug.  It might help to pinpoint the problem if you can
compare a mpy-foo-mpgraph.pdf that break "pstoedit -f mpost" with
a different mpy-bla-mpgraph.pdf (or .ps) that works.  Since pstoedit
mucks with ghostscript's SYSTEMDICT it isn't surprising that problems
arise for newer gs versions.  Maybe it is time for ghostscript to get
an mpost driver.

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia