On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Shen Chen wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to typeset double integral with subscript beneath the integral
>> symbol.
>>
>> I found [EMAIL PROTECTED] for double integral, and used the usual \limits in
>> plain tex:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] x \ge 0,\NR 0 \le y \le T\stopsubstack}
>

>> The subscript did go below the integral, but the two integral symbols are
>> separate from each other. Any tips? Thanks a lot!
>
> $$
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     {\startsubstack x \ge 0,\NR 0 \le y \le \stopsubstack}
> $$
>
> (it should be possible to do this more elegant, though)

\iint\limits should work correctly. It is based on the same macro in
amsmath.

If you always need \limits, I can provide an option for \displaylimits
or \nolimits after int, iint, and iiint.

I did not know about [EMAIL PROTECTED], and it looks horrible
(\int\!\!\!\int). This should be replaced by \iint and triint should
be replaced by iiint.

Aditya