Hi Aditya,

Aditya Mahajan schrieb:
> Quoting Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I get significantly different white spaces (and hence page breaks)
>>> while using mkiv and mkii. Is this expected, or should I try to create
>>> minimal example exhibiting such "problems"?
>> indeed
>
> Here is a minimal example. The spaces around formulas are more.

in the meantime I have also updated my \texmf subtree (LM should be up
to date). Using your example, I now get a

12pt text font with pdftex and
10pt text font with luatex (but 12pt in math mode).

So maybe you have the same problem?

If I remember it right, luatex normally used the OTF variant of LM in my
prior test. Now it's also T1, but with an additional font (this one is
used for the 10pt text) in comparison to pdftex:

lmrroman12-regular (Embedded Subset)
Type: Type1 (CID)
Encoding: Identity-H

Strange. Maybe only some messy font setup on my system.

Peter