Am 26.08.2007 um 16:01 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> Does this also cover the following: The Problem of a word with |\-|
>> moving at the and of a line and thus loosing the hyphen (see below).
>
> \- is meant to work that way -)
>
> try |-|
>
> Hans

That doesn't help here.
I meant those trick situations which were discussed in that thread
below:

> Von: Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Datum: 20. März 2007 07:24:20 MEZ
> An: mailing list for ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
> Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] broken: noligature AND hyphenation
> Antwort an: mailing list for ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
>
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Just for the records:
>>
>> One has to be careful with this kind of avoiding ligatures.
>> In most cases it works perfect, but when the word moves towards
>> the end of the line and should be broken
>> then the hyphen misses!
>>
>> But I guess there is no solution that fits *both* situations:
>> regularly on a line and cross lines?
>>
> not yet, luatex will be more clever
>
> Hans

Is Mark IV already that clever?

Mark II wasn't. Run the following test please.

\starttext

\showframe

\switchtobodyfont[rm,24pt]

test test test test test test test test Auflage Auflage% ligature is
wrong here

test test test test test test test test Auf|\-|lage Auf|\-|lage% no-
ligature is right, but missing at the line end

test test test test test test test test Auf|-|lage Auf|-|lage% right
behaviour at the line end, but a mess otherwise

\stoptext

What should be done?

Steffen