Hello,

I found that setuptex.bat (like any bat file) sets env. vars only locally in
WinXp , that is, for current process. Other windows don't see them. TeXLive
took another approach, of setting  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment  keys, which
act globally, and that's why it always worked well.

By carefully studying the setuptex.bat, I came to the following registry entries

[screeshot attached]

But, in spite of endlesless remaking of format files, I always get the error
whenever I compile anything:

TeXExec | processing document 'FMHelp.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file FMHelp.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1139
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en

LuaTools | using format name /cont-en.fmt
LuaTools | no luc/lua with name /cont-en
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.031 secondsTeXUtil | parsing file FMHelp.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
TeXUtil | expansions: 0
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 1
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 18
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 0.218

I'm convincied that I captured all env vars, and that's was right direction,
because I have some progress up to the final point where it all fails! Why?

Best,
Vyatcheslav