On 8/30/07, Mikael Persson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Update:
>
> This seems to be a problem that is introduced after 20070403. I am
> running that version at work (minimal installation on linux there
> aswell), and there it looks OK with the fourier fonts.

There have been some major changes in font handling.   It turned out that
the lm fonts didn't define a design size but apparently it didn't matter until
quite recently, and then more recently a workaround was added.  I wouldn't
be surprised to see the problem in other fonts either because they use lm
for some glyphs or because they were created using the same toolchain.

> Another problem is given by $\hat f$. In the older one it looks OK,
> but in the newer the hat is placed wrongly. New minimal example that
> shows both these problems:
>
> %%%%
> \usetypescript[fourier][ec]
> \setupbodyfont[fourier,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \hat f(x)=
> \startcases
> \NC 1 \MC x>0\NR
> \NC 0 \MC x<0\NR
> \stopcases
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
> %%%%
>
> Any ideas? I don't want to switch back to ver 20070407 if it is not
> necessary...

I'd try the latest version first.  Normally I have my systems
configured with a separate
texmf-cont tree that I link to cont-tmf-<date> so I can very quickly
switch versions.

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia