On 9/13/07, Martin maaca Rehula wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Nokia N800. It is a Linux (Debian-based) "PDA" with an ARM
> processor and only LaTeX package. I would like to install the minimal
> ConTeTt distribution on it, but I haven't found binaries for this
> architecture. Can I find these binaries somewhere? I like minimal
> ConTeXt distribution, becose it isn't too big and it works well. But if
> you have a better idea, how to install ConTeXt to my device, I'd like to
> try it.

Wow! Interesting.

If you have LaTeX already running, it probably comes with binaries as
well. It might be enough to have pdfTeX and mpost available (perhaps
also kpse[something]).

Then you take justtex.zip, and, say, linuxtex.zip and unzip both. In
texmf-linux/bin you have different programs, but most of them are
either scripts which should work fine, or programs you probably won't
need anyway (afm2tfm, afm2pl, dvipdfmx, dvipos etc.) Copy pdftex and
mpost (and kpse* just to be sure) from your latex distribution into
that binary folder.

You might need to adapt "setuptex" script a bit (it does some
automatic recognition of platform etc.), but apart from that, running
    . setuptex
should than work as on any other platform (unless ...).

Note that the distribution is almost 300 MB, but most of it is taken
by "old-font-junk". If you don't need any special fonts, you can
simply delete everything inside texmf-*/fonts/tfm/* (except
public/lm), as well as most other folders inside fonts.

You can also try to compile LuaTeX from sources, but there's no
guarantee that it will work. If it compiles without problems, feel
free to ask again how to install it (in that case you can delete even
more files from the minimal tree).

Mojca