Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
> On 10/3/07, Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a document consisting of title page, some introduction which
>>> should have pages numbered with roman numerals, and finally the real
>>> content
>>>
>>> \setuphead[subject][page=odd,style=\ss\bfb]
>>> \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \startstandardmakeup
>>> title page
>>> \stopstandardmakeup
>>>
>>> \startfrontmatter
>>> \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
>>> \setupfootertexts[page \pagenumber{}]
>>> \subject{some intro pages}
>>> \input tufte
>>> \stopfrontmatter
>>>
>>> \startbodymatter
>>> \setupfootertexts[page \pagenumber{} of \totalnumberofpages]
>>> \dorecurse{10}{\subject{real content} \dorecurse{\recurselevel}{\input
>>> knuth} }
>>> \stopbodymatter
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> Now the problems:
>>> 1.) The second page starts counting at 1, while counting should start
>>> at page 3. This can be solved by using another
>>> \startstandardmakeup\strut\stopstandardmakeup.
>>>
>>> 2.) The last page says "page 26 of 27" - the total page number is
>>> indeed 27, but counting started on the second page, so it never
>>> reaches the last number.
>>>
>>> 3.) I would like the page number on the first page of bodymatter to be
>>> "page 1 of 23" instead of "page 4 of 27", and the last one to ge "page
>>> 23 of 23" instead of "page 26 of 27"
>>>
>>> There is some way=bychapter setting for page numering, but in that
>>> case there are no suitable chapters/sections available.
>>>
>>> Any hints appreciated ...
>>>
>> Hi Mojca,
>>
>> see
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-0002.pdf
>>
>> (Page ranges) for the details.
>
> Thanks a lot for the pointer. But the following example fails:
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>       [location=]
> \setupsubpagenumber
>       [state=start]
> \setupfootertexts
>       [page \subpageno{} of \nofsubpages]
>
> \starttext
>       abc
> \stoptext
>
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
>                    {
> <argument> page \subpageno {
>                             } of \nofsubpages {}{}{}
> \firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1
>
> \doattributes ...sname [EMAIL PROTECTED] \endcsname \fi {#4
>                                                   }\dostopattributes
> \dosingletexts ...atetexts {#1#2#5}{#6{}{}{}}}}}}}
>                                                   \egroup
> <argument> ...tk \v!footer \v!text \c!middletext }
>                                                   \hss }\hskip
> -\makeupwidth...
> l.11 \stoptext

I guess the standard activation of that mechanism is 'bychapter', so
there is no initialisation (withount a \chapter). If you use
"way=bytext" it should (hopefully) work.

This is taken from my letter environment. It's from 2003 and I don't
remember any details...

\def\MySubpagerange#1{%
  \ifnum\nofsubpages>1
    \ifnum\numexpr\subpageno+1\relax<\nofsubpages
     {\ss\tfx\the\numexpr\subpageno+1\relax\,-\,\nofsubpages}
    \else
      \ifnum\numexpr\subpageno+1\relax=\nofsubpages\relax
        {\ss\tfx\nofsubpages}\fi
    \fi
  \fi
}

% show subpagenumber in the right footer margin, if more than one page
is used
\setuppagenumbering[
   location={footer,margin},
   command=\MySubpagerange,
  ]

\setupsubpagenumber[way=bytext]

% show (sub)pagenumber in header ( no pagenumber at page 1)
\setupheadertexts[{\ifnum\subpageno>1 \the\subpageno\fi}]
\setupheader[style=small, state=high]

> Plus, I don't know how to instruct "way=by..." to reset the counter at
> the boundary of frontmatter/bodymatter

It's only a counter, so (if there is no parameter support for your
environment) you are free to reset it whenever you want.
Just add some code to the 'before|after' parameter of front|bodymatter.

HTH, Peter