On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Shen Chen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The following example with the chemical module complains that "! Argument of
> \mtharrowfill has an extra }.".
>
> -----------
> \usemodule[chemic]
> \starttext
> $$ \chemical{2H_2,PLUS,O_2,GIVES,2H_2O} $$
> \stoptext
> -----------
>
> The result pdf looks fine, though. The annoying problem only occurs when
> there's an arrow "GIVES", and only in display mode.

This error is due to a change that I suggested in math-ext (for over
and under arrows). I did not check that it breaks ppchtex. Here is a
fix. Add this somewhere in your style file:

\def\chemicalsingleouterarrow
   {\dochemicalouterarrow
      {\hbox to \dimen2{\rightarrowfill\textstyle}}}

\def\chemicaldoubleouterarrow
   {\dochemicalouterarrow
      {\lower.5\ht0\vbox
         {\offinterlineskip
          \hbox to \dimen2{\rightarrowfill\textstyle}
          \hbox to \dimen2{\leftarrowfill\textstyle}}}}

\def\chemicaltwintipouterarrow
   {\dochemicalouterarrow
      {\hbox
         {\hbox to \dimen2{\rightarrowfill\textstyle}%
          \hskip-\dimen2
          \hbox to \dimen2{\leftarrowfill\textstyle}}}}

Hans, this should be corrected in ppchtex. There are a few other
chemistry modules that use arrowfills, which now needs an argument
specifying the math mode in which arrow should be drawn.

I will look into it, but I have examples of working chemical
formulas.

Aditya