Dear Joeng, dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for your message and your invaluable help.
Indeed thanks to Thomas' instructions, after correcting a few
details, I could install LuaTeX and typeset the file test-1.tex with
the command

        texexec --lua test-1.tex

However, the execution stops with this error message:

        <everyjob> \the \everyloadluacode
                                       \the \everyfinalizeluacode \the
\everyjob

but after ignoring such messages with the command

(meaning "run" without complaining...) I get the expected PDF file.

Since this is not yet a clean and thoroughly working installation, I
have not yet tried to put the install informations on the Wiki. Later
next week I'll try to re-install everything anew and see whether I
have well understood what is needed to run LuaTeX on MacOS X.

Best regards: OK