On 10/31/07, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Ahoi!
>
> I need to typeset some formulae in upright Helvetica (TeX Gyre Heros,
> URW Nimbus or similar).
> Is this already pre-made in the ConTeXt distribution? I couldn't find it.
>
> Greetlings, Hraban

If it's only about typesetting a few letters, you can fake that a bit:

\usetypescript[postscript][ec]
\setupbodyfont[postscript]

\def\my#1{\text{\ss#1}}

\starttext
\ss a+b+c+d $a+b+c+\my{d}$
\stoptext

You could do a similar trick for greek letters (using TeX Gyre
Adventor in greek encoding if that's available for example).

I don't know about any math package for Helvetica in ConTeXt and
http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/Free_Math_Font_Survey/survey.html
doesn't point out any collection either. hv-math is not free (as far
as I understand). It's not so difficult to add support for a font to
ConTeXt if font is nicely prepared (you only copy the definitions for
Antykwa Torunska, for example), but I'm not sure if any ConTeXt user
has that particular font ...

TeX Gyre math fonts are not ready yet, but since the text fonts have
already been released, they might be approaching in the near future. I
have no idea about the current state of the project though.

If you have any more particular questions, feel free to ask.

Mojca