Hello,

I'm using ConTeXt as part of an XML->PDF workflow that is heavy on tables.  The
XML table model allows cells to span rows and columns.  While ConTeXt has
handled row/column spanning perfectly up to this point, I believe I have found
an issue.  When an entry that spans multiple rows is on the split point between
pages, you get ragged entries on the page boundaries.  The code below
demonstrates this on live.contextgarden.net (PDFTex):

\starttext
\setupTABLE[row][odd][background=color,backgroundcolor=red, width=.2\textwidth]
\bTABLE[split=yes]
\dorecurse{31}{\bTR \bTD[nc=4] filler \eTD \eTR}
\bTR \bTD[nr=3] 1 \eTD \bTD[nc=2] 2/3 \eTD \bTD[nr=3] 4 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD[nc=3] 1/2/3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

Does anyone have any suggestions for visually cleaning this up?

Cheers,
Mike