Hello Steffen,

  Yes, it seems we have forgotten your original problem in the discussion ;-)

  I'm not sure I can really help, though, but:

> can you tell me then what is wrong in my minimal example here (it
> work like a charm in April!)?

  Nothing is wrong with your input file, really, it's an (admittedly
annoying) side-effect of changes that have been made recently in
XeTeX-specific font selection options.  I have the same problem here
and, as frightening as XeTeX's messages may look, the output looks
right.  One thing: if you wish to typeset Arabic, you really have to say
\font\Arab="Baghdad:script=arab", and not only \font\Arab="Baghdad",
otherwise character shaping is not correctly done and the output is just messy.

  This behaviour needs to be fixed in ConTeXt but it's been around for a
while now so it's really not that easy (fixing some things will break
others, etc.).  It's quite unfortunate that you had to experience all
XeTeX+ConTeXt font problems at the same time, though, but judging from
the other recent mails to the list I have the impression that you're not
the only one today with weird problems and that everything seems to have
gone astray ;-)  I don't know, maybe it's just Weird Encoding Day; just
this morning I was experimenting with yet another variation on ispell
called hunspell, and I had the following extremely interesting crash
which I would like to call the Locale-of-Death:

        [Current locale is fr_FR.UTF-8]
        $ hunspell -d morph
        Hunspell 1.2.1
        [blah blah blah spell-checking ...]
        ^C

        $ unset LC_ALL

        $ hunspell -d morph
        zsh: bus error (core dumped)  hunspell -d morph

  :-)

        Arthur