On Nov 23, 2007 6:19 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Hi Vyatcheslav
>
> > I tried you installer, and have some comments
>
> > *) The context minimal installer creates a different directory structure
> > as compared to the mswin context I downloaded
> > from Pragma. The setuptex scripts complains that the tex tree is not
> > correct ?

True, the structure has changed, but there is also a new setuptex.bat
included (unless the installer doesn't fetch it).

> No, it doesn't alter the structure. It just loads the latest beta version
> from source other Pragma. New structure is a standard now.

No, it's not standard yet. It still needs to be improved and is not
yet completely stable. And many compotents from the old zips might be
missing (will be added if people request them).

> Furthermore, you don't need setuptex.bat to run Context after this
> installation. The installer sets all critically required variables in
> registry (may not all, 'cause I've tested it only for luatex).
>
> > *) I installed via your installer and than your program said I have to
> > run texexec etc. from the command line. I tried
> > to do that but as I also have Miktex installed, it took the exe's from
> > Miktex and not from Context. I thought
> > you did some magic in the registry, so Miktex and Context can coexist ?
>
> My installer doesn't work with MikTeX. Theoretically it is possible, but in
> practice, solution will be fuzzy and unreliable. I don't want to bother with
> it, considering that you can always use Context in an old way, without
> installing it. This is the best (and only) way to use it in parallel with
> MikTex and TexLive.

That's why I suggested that it would be nice if the installer would
also work for people who want their MikTeX to coexist (it would skip
adding variables to registry).

See the other windows zip on
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/

Mojca