Am 2007-11-28 um 20:07 schrieb Jeff Smith:
> On Nov 28, 2007 1:26 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It it's only about quotes, you should consider using \quote{} and
>> \quotation{} instead of typing more or less correct quotation marks.
>
> Indeed. Anyway I already use \quote. :-) My question was rather about
> the apostrophe alone, like in "it's", or "don't", or "l'orange",
> "l'homme", which typographically should be like the comma (i.e. the
> single quotation mark). Therefore, you really have to use the symbol
> itself in the input.

Just write your own keyboard mapping – at least for MacOSX or Linux
it’s rather easy.

E.g. my usual keymap gives access to all accented Latin plus Greek
and lots of other characters - I only keep forgetting what’s where,
though, and it still contains some bugs  ;-)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/