Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:09:33 +0100
> Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> The following should work, can't test it at the moment
>>>
>>> \definefontfeature[enableoldstyle][onum=yes]
>>> \definefontfeature[disableoldstyle][onum=no]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> 123 \setfontfeature{enableoldstyle} 456 \setfontfeature{disableoldstyle} 789
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>> btw, these are attributes and therefore can be used grouped
>>
>> 123 {\setfontfeature{enableoldstyle} 456} 789
>
> Is it also possible to inherit the values from the previuos change,
> e.g. I have enabled smallcaps and I want to enable oldstyle numerals
> with another command, I tried this but the old setting is forgotten and
> only the new setting work, how can I do this.
>
> \usetypescript[palatino]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino]
>
> \definefontfeature[caps][smcp=yes,lnum=yes]
> \definefontfeature[onum][onum=yes]
>
> \def\sc{\setfontfeature{caps}}
> \def\os{\setfontfeature{onum}}
>
> \starttext
>
> Text 123 \sc Text 123 \os Text 123

i assume ...

        Text 123 {\sc Text 123 \os Text} 123

... is meant

> \stoptext

accumulated features is something on the agenda, but we need a proper
definition interface for that; sometimes one wants to accumulate,
sometines not; sometime one even wants to kill features

> PS: Will the smallcaps key also work in a feature release of the latin
> modern fonts, thid didn't work at the moment and I was forced to use
> the Pagella fonts.

maybe there will be a lmroman10 once that has the features merged