On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:

On Mo, 10 Dez 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
        deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ luatex/
        deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ luatex/

This release of luatex for Debian ships an improved texdoc written in
texlua by Frank Küster. Please report any strange things to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Excuse my ignorance, but is it safe to use these sources for ubuntu gusty
as well?

Safe for sure, but you have to check whether it compiles. It depends on
the version of libpoppler present in Ubuntu Gutsy.

For libpoppler 0.4.X (X <= 8) take the etch variant
For libpoppler 0.4.9 or 0.5.X you have to unpack the source package,
        change the debian/patches/series file to list the
        libpoppler-0.5 patch and comment the libpoppler-0.4 and -0.6
For libpoppler 0.6.X take the sid variant (available at the same
        location as the etch variant but with terminal
                luatex-sid
        instead of luatex)

Sorry for being of not so much help, but I don't have a gutsy around and
I never could find out which versions of Ubuntu ship which versions of
libraries.

Ubuntu gusty ships with libpoppler 0.6.2.1. However, I do not get any suggested updates because I am using amd64 architecture, and I see that you do not have amd64 packages on your website. I will wait for the new packages to trickle through to ubuntu repositories.

Aditya