2007/12/11, Dalyoung Jeong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am sorry that there is a mistake in the previous mail that I sent.
>
> On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Jeong Dalyoung wrote:
> > methods give me more choices.
> > Then the \completecontent and \completeindex follows the above setup
> > of chapters.
> >
> > My question was how to make the head title setup of contents and of
> > indices free from the chapter setup?
> >
> > Now, I find that  the prefix{"(a character) (chapter no) (a
> > character)"} can be suppressed using "prefix=no" parameter in
> > \setupcombinedlist for contents and indices.
>
> I may do a wrong test for this.
> Without the "prefix=no", \comletecontent has no prefix. But
> \completeindex has chapter no and it is not suppressed even the
> commnad \setuplist[index][prefix=no].
>
> I am sorry to list wrong result.
>
> Thank you for reading,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dalyoung

Hi,

the difference between completecontent and completeregister is,
that the first use \title to place the header and the second use \chapter
to place the title and produce therefore a heading number.

You can now use ConTeXt's document structure and place completecontent
between \start/\stopbackmatter or you can use \title in combination
\placeindex, this produce a index without a header.

Wolfgang