On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 02:06:12 +0900
Saji N Hameed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear ConText gurus,
>
> I am faced with a new problem with the page numbering in the
> Table of Contents. In the appendices, I use:
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>    [way=bychapter,
>     chapternumber=yes,
>     numberseparator=-]
>
> to get page numbers like A-15, B-24 ... etc
> However, the page numbers associated with Appendix 1 in the Table
> of Contents is like
>
>   1 Introduction                                               11
>     1.1 Goals of Research                                      11
>     1.2 Necessity of Research                                  11
>
>   A Real-time Monitoring of Intraseasonal Variations             15
>   B Drought Monitoring Based on Standardized Precipitation Index 24
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to get ConText to write my TOC as:
>
>   A Real-time Monitoring of Intraseasonal Variations             A-15
>   B Drought Monitoring Based on Standardized Precipitation Index B-24
>
> My document is structured as follows:
>
> \input layout
> \starttext
>
>   \startfrontmatter
>     \input HomePage
>   \stopfrontmatter
>
>   \placelist[chapter,section]
>
>   \startbodymatter
>     \input Chapter1
>     \input Chapter2
>   \stopbodymatter
>
>   \startappendices
>     \input Appendix1
>     \input Appendix2
>   \stopappendices
>
> \stoptext
>
> Thanks as always,
>
> saji

Please send next time a working example.

\usemodule[visual]

\def\doMyCommand#1--#2-#3-#4--#5]\relax{{\convertnumber{A}{#3}-#5}}
\def\MyCommand#1{\expandafter\doMyCommand#1\relax}

\startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]

\setuppagenumbering
   [way=bychapter,
    chapternumber=yes,
    numberseparator=-]

%\setuplist[section][state=stop]

\writebetweenlist[chapter]{\setuplist[chapter]
[chapternumber=yes,pagecommand=\MyCommand]}

\stopsectionblockenvironment

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

\completecontent

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

\dorecurse{4}
  {\chapter{\fakewords{5}{10}}
   \dorecurse{4}
     {\section{\fakewords{5}{10}}
      \dorecurse{2}{\fakewords{100}{150}\par}}}

\stopbodymatter

\startappendices

\dorecurse{4}
  {\chapter{\fakewords{5}{10}}
   \dorecurse{4}
     {\section{\fakewords{5}{10}}
      \dorecurse{3}{\fakewords{40}{80}}}}

\stopappendices

\stoptext

This is the best solution I found, it is a little bit ugly (llok at
the ] in \doMyCommand) but the only working solution.

Merry Christmas.

Wolfgang