Hi!

I'm sold to luatex and plan to use it exclusively for all ConTeXt
typesetting in order to help somewhat with testing it.

However, I've some old lyx/latex stuff which needs to be migrated, so
I'd prefer to keep my texlive installation for such stuff and having
minimal ConTeXt installation to be able to typeset with luatex.

There is pretty new PKGBUILd script for Arch Linux and I modified it a
bit (see http://tinyurl.com/3yk6vw) in order to built luatex on x86_64.

However, I see that build.sh.linux (for i386) and build.sh script
differs, and the PKGBUILD created just /opt/texlive/bin/luatex
executable.

Not having access to i686 (i386) machine, I wonder what else is
required to have working luatex installation?

The content of /opt/texlive/bin/luatools script is:
#!/bin/sh
texmfstart luatools.lua "$@"

Running "Hello world" example gives:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/tmp> texexec --lua test.tex
TeXExec | processing document 'test.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file test.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1079
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
the file 'luatools' is not found
TeXExec | runtime: 0.308419

Here is the build() function from PKGBUILD:

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  if [ "${CARCH}" = "i686" ]; then
    cp $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/build.sh.linux
$startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/build.sh fi
  ./build.sh --datadir=/opt/texlive || return 1
    # Overwrite old files
#  make $PREFIX=$startdir/pkg/$pkgname-$pkgver install || return 1
  install -d $startdir/pkg/opt/texlive/bin
  if [ "${CARCH}" = "i686" ]; then
    install -m 755 linux/texk/web2c/luatex $startdir/pkg/opt/texlive/bin
  else
    install -m 755 build/texk/web2c/luatex $startdir/pkg/opt/texlive/bin
  fi
}

Here are outputs from texexec & luatex:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/tmp> texexec --lua test.tex
TeXExec | processing document 'test.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file test.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 152
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
the file 'luatools' is not found
TeXExec | runtime: 0.257507
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/tmp> luatex test.tex
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.20.2-2007122417 (Web2C 7.5.6)
I can't find the format file `luatex.fmt'!

So,  something is missing...any pointer for up-to-date doc (url) for
installing/updating of minimal ConTeXt/luatex on x86_64 ?

Sincerely,
Gour