On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:28:23 -0700, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

\dontleavehmode \begstrut bla bla \endstrut \par

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:50 -0700, Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That was a bad example, just try it :-)

Ok, better example attached :-)

But if you have a chuck of well-controlled text, there is a trick:

\lineskiplimit=-10000pt
blaq blaq {\tfc blaq blaq} blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq
blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq
{\tfc blaq blaq} blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq