Hi Aditya,

yes, looking at the .tuo did the trick. :-D

I had tried things with expanded already, but at that time I still had
> {\expanded{\Issue[\IssueCounter]{Issue~\IssueCounter:}{\currentdate}}}
as command. Which does NOT work (due to the tilde ~ resulting in an
error message then)
The rest was actually fine. Now, without it (i.e. "~") it works!
{\expanded{\Issue[\IssueCounter]{Issue: \IssueCounter:}{\currentdate}}}

Thanks a lot, that had me seriously baffled ;-)
Carsten