On Jan 18, 2008 2:47 AM, Olivier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using Debian packages. It works but as Aditya already said,
> you have to export at least those two variables: TEXMFCNF and TEXMFCACHE.
<snip>
> But (from your mails) you do not seem to have set the environment
> variables correctly.

That put me on the right track:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ kpsewhich --expand-var '$TEXMFCNF'
/usr/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ luatools --generate

LuaTools | skipping
/usr/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.005 seconds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ export TEXMFCNF=/usr/share/texmf/web2c
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ luatools --generate

LuaTools | loading /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
<many lines of output deleted>

...And now mkiv works!

So do I report as a Debian/Ubuntu package bug that TEXMFCNF is set
with multiple directories, or as a luatools bug that it can't handle a
multiple path?

--Joel