Hi Morgan,

On Jan 21, 2008 2:02 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to ConTeXt and I've got some (probably naive) questions about
> indenting.
>
> 1. According to the ConTeXt Excursion, using \setupindenting[medium] should
> lead
> to indented paragraph. And actually, at least for me, it doesn't... I saw
> examples on the wiki with \setupindenting[yes,medium]: this actually works,
> but
> the 'yes' option is not documented for the \setupindenting command on texshow.
> What am I missing here? Is the \indenting command needed even to indent the
> whole document? It is not what I understood from the Excursion...

The manuals are a little bit outdated and not every new feature and
change in the
setup is documented.

> 2. I have not been able to indent the first paragraph after a \section (or any
> other titling) command. Isn't it the role of the 'first' option for
> \setupindenting? Is a trick needed to have it work?

This is a feature, because the first paragraph after a section
shouldn't be intended
by default, you could change this with the following setups.

a. You want to enable indenting only for section commands.

\setuphead[section][indentnext=yes]

b. You want to enable indenting for all headers

\setupheads[indentnext=yes]

> Thanks in advance for your answers,
>
> Morgan
>

> \setupindenting[medium,first]
> \starttext
>
> This paragraph is not indented. It becomes indented when I add the
> (undocumented?) 'yes' option to \setupindenting.
>
> \section{A section}
>
> How to get this one indented (in the whole document)?
>
> \stoptext

Greetings,

Wolfgang