On Jan 22, 2008 12:00 AM, Roland wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> Not quite there yet. I did manage to install the standalone ConTeXt
> without problems after changing the line 18 of that file. I also found
> the same error in setuptex, which of course prevented me from getting
> the right new mktexlsr and texexec onto the path...

Thanks for the reminder, fixed now (it has been copy-pasted of course).

> Anyway that's solved now and Textmate and the shell are calling the
> right distribution. Guess what -- I'm still at the original problem
> now:
>
> ** ERROR ** Invalid font: -1 (0)

OK, but wait - that either
a) seems to be a XeTeX problem now.
b) ConTeXt asks XeTeX to use Eco101Roman.pfb, which might be found,
but doesn't work

Can you try to use just

\starttext
\font\a="Eco101Roman"
{\a test a}

\definefontsynonym[b][name:Eco101Roman][features=default]
{\definedfont[b] test b}
\stoptext

Try to use

\definefontsynonym[name:Eco-Regular]   [Eco101Roman][features=default]
\definefontsynonym[name:Eco-Bold]      [Eco301Bold][features=default]
\definefontsynonym[name:Eco-Italic]    [Eco102Italic][features=default]
\definefontsynonym[name:Eco-BoldItalic][...][features=default]

instead of the four Wolfgang's suggestions.

> (though still using Wolfgang's suggested script). See output below.
> I'm getting desperate now...

There is no need to :)
ConTeXt community is really a friendly one, and sooner or later you
will find the answers.

Mojca