I've noticed that with the most recent ConTeXt release I'm unable to
make indices.  This example fails:

  \starttext
  Hello, this \index{copula}is an index.
  \completeindex
  \stoptext

The error I get is:

  chapter         : 1 \headtext {index}
  ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
  \stoppacked ->\par \ifvmode \egroup
                                      \ifdim \lastskip =\noparskipsignal
\rela...

  \doutilities ...protectutilities \unprotect \fi #4
                                                    \the
\everybeforeutilityre...

  \doplaceregister ...ster \stoppacked \stopcolumns
                                                    \endgroup \fi
  \docompleteregister ...ter [\currentregister ][#2]
                                                    \page [\v!yes ]\endgroup
\fi
  <to be read again>
                     \par
  l.6

  ?

The error arises both with pdftex or xetex.  I think that some recent
change must be responsible for this, because I didn't notice any
problems with indices, say, a couple months ago.  What might be going
on?

Thanks,

Jesse

--