OK, so the first part of my questions about mfonts.pdf;)

Thank you in advance for the answers; I'd like to stress that I'm not in
a hurry, so please take your time!  Also, as I said, I have nothing
against being "redirected" to some other part of documentation in case
it is easier than to write a full answer here.

1. Do I get it right when I think that \definefontsynonym takes 2 or 3
arguments, and:

When given two, they mean: (1) the synonym being defined
and (2) an earlier defined synonym being a "replacement text" for (1);

When given three, (1) is as above, (2) is the filename of the font (tfm
I guess?) and (3) contains some low-level options like the encoding (are
there any other options available?)

2. What does exactly sa mean?  Do I get it right when I think that it's
the factor by which the "body font size" - i.e., some constant dimen
parameter defined for the whole document (or environment) - is
multiplied?  Does the "laziness" of sa mean that the actual scaling will
happen _after_ the definition of the body font size, which might be e.g.
different for different components of a product within a project using a
common environment?  And what is mo?

3. What are the arguments to \definebodyfont?

4. What are the relations between \definefontsynonym, \definefont and
\definebodyfont?

5. I can understand neither the paragraph right before the
\definebodyfont example on page 4 of mfonts.pdf, nor the example itself.
Any hints;)?

CU,

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

Struktury grzechu jak złośliwy rak wżarły się w nasze życie,
Wdarły się w ten świat.
Ale patrz, jaka armia zbiera się u stóp Syjonu - policzone są już dni Babilonu!
                        (Korzeń Z Kraju Melchizedeka)