> > \definereferenceformat
> >  [eqref]
> >  [left=\bgroup\normal(,
> >   right=)\egroup]
>
> This was my first attempt, but it gave some trouble. I need to go back and
> check.
>
> Aditya

I now realize that my first question was not very clear: what I need in fact
is to typeset *all* references obtained by the \in command in upshape. For
example, in {\it See \in{Figure}[fig:det] for details.}, I would like to
see 'Figure 1' in upshape and the rest in italic. I tried:

\setupreferencing
  [left=\bgroup\normal,
   right=\egroup]

without success. Is there a way to achieve this without defining new reference
formats?

Thanks in advance,
Morgan