Hello David,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:00 AM, David Wooten wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I've just tried to retypeset a file with very recent conTeXt/pdfTeX minimals
> (as of a few days ago). The file is only a year or so old... but it was
> originally typeset with a combination of TeX installations. It goes almost
> okay, except that it doesn't show any ligatures (e.g. Th),

Where did you get those from? Standard installations don't render any
Th ligatures unless you use XeTeX or LuaTeX or if you have made your
own costum encoding.

> and won't do the
> small capitals which the original handled fine. I'm not sure where to start
> looking.... though there is this error in the log:
>
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file a_zqd2tu.enc): cannot open encoding file for
> reading
> Any ideas where to start?

It would help a lot if you could show us your font definitions, some
logs (which map files got included) and try to grep your TeX trees for
a_zqd2tu.enc. I cannot find that file mentioned anywhere (neither in
map files on my disk nor on google).

Mojca