On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Diego Depaoli wrote:

> Hi all,
> compiling these instructions
> \defineenumeration[parte][location=left,text=Titolo,headstyle=bold,stopper=.,width=broad,number=yes,conversion=Romannumerals]
> \defineenumeration[articolo][location=left,text=Articolo,stopper=.,width=broad,number=yes]
> \defineenumeration[subarticolo][after={\blank[small]},before={\blank[small]},text=,location=inleft,width=broad]
> \defineenumeration[altec][location=left,text=Allegato,headstyle=bold,stopper=.t,width=broad,conversion=Characters]
> \defineenumeration[subaltec][after={\blank[small]},before={\blank[small]},text=,location=inleft,width=broad]
> only under ubuntu the result is as expected:
> I,1,1,A,1
> while under opensuse and freebsd i get
> 1,1,1,1,1
> Why this?

Are Opensuse and freebsd using an older version of ConTeXt? (ctxtools
--contextversion should tell the context version). There was a bug in
enumeration and conversions which was fixed around the middle of last
year.

> Another little question
> If in defineenumeration[anenumeration] I specify text={\bfc Title}
> and
> \startanenumeration{\bfc The History}\stopanenumeration
> Title and The History are not properly aligned (The History is in
> higher position).
> What's wrong?

\bfc does not correct interline spacing. If you notice, the Title is
aligned at the top to the rest of the text.

\showmakeup
% \defineenumeration[test][location=left,text={\bfc Title}]
\defineenuemration[test][location=left,text={Title},headstyle={\bfc}]
\starttext
\starttest
{\bfc Test} This is a test \input knuth
\stoptest
\stoptext

To get alignment you can do this

\starttest
{\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf Test} This is a test \input knuth
\stoptest

Hans, can \switchtobodyfont be modified so that it also works for relative
font size (a,b,c,x,xx)? Also something is wrong with location=left|right
and titles.

\defineenumeration[test][location=left,title=yes]

\test {A very very long title string} \input knuth

The title is not taken into accound while calculating the hanging (mainly
because, I did not even consider this case while adding support for titles). I
am not sure how the output should look in this case. Should the width of title
be taken into account while calculating the hanging width, or should the title
be placed with the rest of the enumeration?

Aditya