On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hello all,
>  >
>  > I have been using Context for a while now and have learnt a lot from the
>  > manuals and wiki.  I now want to start to use features that are not
>  > documented.  On the wiki
>  >
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation#ConTeXt_Sources)
>  > I found the following command for producing a pdf output for a module:
>  >
>  > texmfstart texexec --module kpse:core-tab.tex
>  >
>  > which seems ideal for learning more.  When I run the above command line it
>  > creates a .ted file but then complains:
>  >
>  > "I can't find the format file 'cont-en.fmt'!"
>  >
>  > On Luigi Scarso's page
>  > (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf) he suggests
>  > the following:
>  >
>  > texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex
>  >
>  > but this returns no output at all, and no pdf.
>  >
>  > I am working on Windows.  I installed (this week) from the
>  > context/install/mswincontext.zip on the Pragma site and normally build from
>  > the Scite editor.
>  >
>  > Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
>
>  The mswincontext package use local settings for the paths and you can
>  use them only with scite or the setup script. You could try to add the path
>  for the setuptext script to the global path variables to use LuaTeX etc.
>  systemwide or you use the command line from scite.

You need to run something like (single line!!!):

C:\Programs\context\usr\local\context\tex\setuptex.bat
C:\Programs\context\usr\local\context\tex

in command prompt. For "texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex" to work
you need to be in context base folder (tex/context/base; kpse makes
sure that you find & take the proper file automatically), and you
probably need to report a few problems in the source to be able to
compile that particular source file :)

Mojca