On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, David Arnold wrote:
>
>  > All,
>  >
>  > I did a fresh install on a new Macbook:   MacTeX-2007
>  >
>  > I am using Aditya's package: http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-4/mahajan/
>  >
>  > I believe I have a font problem, as in trying to compile my file I come up
>  > against what is shown below. Using my new system, how should I go about
>  > installing the needed font files?
>  >
>  >
> (/usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)kpathsea:
>  > Running mktextfm texnansi-uplr8a
>  > mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
>  > input texnansi-uplr8a
>  > This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>  >
>  > kpathsea: Running mktexmf texnansi-uplr8a
>
>  This is because urw palatino fonts are not installed on your system. I do
>  not know what is the correct way of installing them on MacTeX. You can
>  always download them from CTAN but installing fonts manually can be a bit
>  tricky.
>
>  Another option is to use the TeX-gyre pagella fonts. I think that if you
>  just add
>
>  \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
>
>  before the typescript definition, it should work.
>
>  Aditya

Judging from the traces & locations of those files on my computer -
these fonts were probably either part of some "external" ConTeXt
package (there have always been some "font metrics" files around) or
Hans has removed them from the main ConTeXt distribution.

In any case, try to put  \usetypescriptfile[type-gyr] to your
cont-sys.tex (if you don't have it, just create one) and remake the
formats. This will become the default setting in TeX Live 2008 anyway.

Mojca