On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Brian R. Landy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I actually posted this last summer, but never got a reply and did not
> have a chance to follow up.  When using natural tables, a cell with
> backgroundcolor enabled will overwrite the topframe/rightframe from
> the cell to the left/above.  A workaround could be to always use
> topframe/leftframe.  However this workaround is not possible with
> tables with split=repeat that span multiple pages, since you cannot
> know which rows on pages beyond the first for which you should set
> topframe=on.
>
> The below code demonstrates the problem for color w/ bottomframe
> specified for the header --
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \definecolor[ice][r=0.867, g=0.945, b=0.973, s=0.9]

\startuseMPgraphic{headerrule}
linecap := butt ;
draw (-1.5*\the\linewidth,0)--(OverlayWidth+1.5*\the\linewidth,0) ;
setbounds currentpicture to unitsquare xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[headerrule][\useMPgraphic{headerrule}]

> \starttext
> \bTABLE[split=repeat,frame=off,background=color]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR[bottomframe=on]

\bTR[background=headerrule,backgroundoffset=-\linewidth]

> \bTH A \eTH \bTH B \eTH
> \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \dorecurse{25}{\bTR[backgroundcolor=ice] \bTD a \eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR
> \bTR \bTD a \eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR}
> eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext
>
> I tested this at http://live.contextgarden.net.  Does anyone have a
> solution?  One thought I had was to insert a very thin row  (with
> height set to rulethickness) at the bottom of the header, but with
> split=repeat it appears that the table forces a minimum height to a
> row, so it is too tall.

Wolfgang