Hi Michael,

Arranging pages is not changed from MKII to MKIV. The possibilities are:

% \setuparranging[2*16] %section: one sheet 2 x 16 pages = 32 pages
% \setuparranging[2*8]  %section: one sheet 2 x 8 pages = 16 pages
% \setuparranging[2*4]  %section: one sheet 2 x 4 pages = 8 pages
% \setuparranging[2*2]  %section: one sheet 2 x 2 pages = 4 pages
% \setuparranging[2**2] %section: one sheet 2 x 2 pages = 4 pages
% \setuparranging[2SIDE]        %2 pages next to each other single sided only!
% \setuparranging[2TOP]         %2 pages above each other, single sided only!
% \setuparranging[2UP]          %2 pages next to each other, n sheets
arranged for a single booklet!
% \setuparranging[2DOWN]        %2 pages above each other,  n sheets
arranged for a single booklet!
% \setuparranging[2TOPSIDE]     %two odd pages on one side, two even
pages verso, above each other
% \setuparranging[2*4*2]        %section of 16 pages: 2 sheets, 4 pages
front and backside
% \setuparranging[2*2*4]        %section of 16 pages: 4 sheets, 2 pages
front and backside
% \setuparranging[XY]           %one sheet with x rows and y columns

There is no option to make sections with 32 pages directly based on
US-letter paper. Stil what you can do is to compile your document
normally without arranging. In a second step you can use texexec to
select ranges of 32 pages into a  "section-1.pdf" then in a
"section-2.pdf" etc. In a third step you can arrange the pages in the
"section-files" as usual with \setuparranging[2UP].

On the other hand I suggest to prepare sections of 16 pages. Then you
can use the \setuparranging[2*4*2] or \setuparranging[2*2*4] options
directly on the whole document. Normally I consider the sections
containing 32 pages too thick for getting a nice book with rounded
back. Anyhow if you have more than one section you will have to sew
them together. This is much easier with 4 sections of 16 pages than
with 2 sections of 32 pages.

Kind regards

Willi