On Jul 7, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> forget about the past, think about what kind of functionality you want
>
> for instance,
>
> "we need a language dependent feature that remaps characters"
>
> so, what are the specs; maybe other languages need similar things
>
> (there is already something available which we can easily extend)

OK, acknowledged. However, this is a special case because:

- it is not a language feature, it is just something for a special
sort of ancient Greek texts (the subdot accent doesn't exist in Greek);

- the character is available in just a few fonts, so my idea was to
really write a macro which will specifically fetch the glyph from a
specific font.

So for the time being, the specs are (for my module)

~ => inactive (already done in the module)
| => inactive (already done in the module)
! => active, map to Unicode character 0323 in a font that has this
character

Thanks Hans!

All best

Thomas