On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Alan Stone wrote:
> Though that's strange...
>
> fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix otf
> fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.001
> seconds
> fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix ttf
> fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.000
> seconds
> fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix ttc
> fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.000
> seconds
> fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix afm
> fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.000
> seconds

It's kind of a bug. My best guess is that it works on Hans' machine
since he reads from fonts.conf that resides in his texmf tree.
Anywhere else (linux, mac, ...) the file fonts.conf resides somewhere
else, ConTeXt doesn't find it, and fails to locate any fonts. At least
on my computer, OSFENTSDIR is ignored (or at least was some days ago).

Mojca