Quoting Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all,
>
> There now is a wiki page documenting the setup and maintenance of mkiv:
>
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV
>
> The page can still be improved upon (of course), so if you know
> of something that needs to be added or explained better, please do so.
> I wrote this page with the texlive 2008 users in mind, but I think most
> of it applies to the new context minimals as well.

This page is great. Thanks.

> By the way, context on texlive2008 will be 2008.05.21. Mkii (pdftex
> as well as xetex) runs out of the box, no post-install intervention
> needed. But if someone is willing to do some extra tests, that will
> be much appreciated. How to beta-test texlive2008 is explained in
>
>    ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev/README

Is it possible to test texlive without uninstalling texlive2007
installed by a system package manager? Last time I tried texlive 2008,
mkiv setup was reading texmf.cnf that came with system installed
tl2007, and therefore could not find the correct files. I want to test
tl2008, but at the moment cannot afford to uninstall tl2007.

Aditya