Hi,

after watching the list for some time, I decided to try luatex. On
ubuntu, I installed the minimals as indicated in
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals (in my home folder)

A simple testfile works with "texmfstart texexec file" (Mk II) and
"context file" (Mk IV).

I then tried to install fonts I use frequently (LinLibertine and Gentium).
I created a "texmf-local" folder and mirrored my previous installation,
i.e.:

texmf-local/fonts/truetype/sil/gentium
texmf-local/fonts/tfm/sil/gentium
texmf-local/fonts/vf/sil/gentium
texmf-local/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-sil-...
texm-local/tex/context/base/type-...

Then: mktexlsr
Result: font not used (with texmfstart texexec file)

I then tried other commands (without expecting much), namely:
mtxrun --selfupdate
luatools --selfupdate
luatools --generate
mtxrun --script font --reload

again, without effect.

I then copied everything into texmf-context and executed the above
commands. Without effect.

Before I provide more details, these questions:

1. I created texmf-local in the hope that it will survive updates. Is
this so?
2. Shouldn't mktexlsr be enough, if you use Mk II? I used this method of
copying fonts from one installation to another before.
3. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for answers, Jörg