Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to ask some Windows user to test if windows minimals still work
>> OK.

just tried the current version (only left out texmf-context).

- kpathsea357.dll is missing ('texexec --make --pdftex' complains about
it; luatex also doesn't work without; is 35771 already used by any program?)

- still get problems if i call luatools|mtxrun. creating a format is not
possible. some examples:

R:\tex>luatools --generate
LuaTools | variable SELFAUTOLOC set to R:/tex/texmf-mswin/bin
LuaTools | variable SELFAUTODIR set to R:/tex/texmf-mswin
LuaTools | variable SELFAUTOPARENT set to R:/tex
LuaTools | variable TEXMFCNF set to R:\tex\texmf{-local,-context,}/web2c
LuaTools | loading R:/tex/texmf-context/web2c/texmf.cnf
LuaTools | loading R:/tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

Should I create the cache path R:/tex/texmf-cache? [yes|no] [no]

Should I create the cache path R:/tex/texmf-cache? [yes|no] [no]

Should I create the cache path C:/tmp? [yes|no] [no]

Should I create the cache path C:/tmp? [yes|no] [no]

Should I create the cache path /Dokumente und Einstellungen/sojus?
[yes|no] [no]

fatal error: there is no valid (writable) cache path defined
-------
R:\tex>luatools --variables
Should I create the cache path R:/tex/texmf-cache? [yes|no] [no]
-------
R:\tex>mtxrun --version
Should I create the cache path R:/tex/texmf-cache? [yes|no] [no]
-------

believe me, cache path exists ;)

>> And another issue - TeX Live has switched to universal binaries for
>> Mac. Oliver has asked me to do that some time ago, but I didn't want
>> to mess up with having to (cross-)compile the basic binaries as well.
>> What do others think?
>>
>> (I kind of prefer separate binaries since they are twice smaller and
>> don't really bring many advantages except that one would only need a
>> single package once Oliver's instller comes to existance.)
>>
>> The transition would need some modifications, I'm first asking for opinion.
>
> the dll is now ok, but we have the cache_is_readable problem for which
> we need the fix

yes (see above) :)