2008/7/27 Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> — look at the end of the first page : there's a big gap. Don't know
>>> why. It's in the middle of a sentence, and the paragraph is big after.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't have Gentium and I do not get the same problem with latin
>> modern.
>
> That's because of the penalty for pages ending with a hyphen. At the
> page size of an ebook, you are better off with
>
>   \brokenpenalty \zerocount

That was it. Strange, I had to put this after « \starttext » to get it run.

>>> — on page 3, before « Une horloge » I can't have indentation after
>>> \crlf. I used a « \packed » command after empty line but it's not what
>>> I want. I want a new line, with indentation but not a « \par »
>>> vertical spacing.
>
> In other words, you are lying. :-)
>
>   \def\fakepar{\begingroup\parskip0pt\par\dogotopar{\indent\endgroup}}
>
> and then
>
>    Dans l'arrière pays.\fakepar
>
>    Une horloge ...
>
> does what you want, but it doesn't deserve a price for elegance either.

I'm totally right with you. I tried to did this because it's the way I
find it on the paper book. But it's quite hugly and strange.
Your trick is the good one.

Sadly S. Beckett books are still under copyright, but I can promis
that the result is quite perfect.

Cheers,
Olivier.

--