On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>
>> I have an idea. Why not have a live ConTeXt manual.pdf where you add
>> something in the proper location and compile the document every time
>> you answer a question from a user? As you are the person answering
>> anyway, it should be little extra work.
>
> This is a good idea, I'll take it up with Hans as soon as he is online
> and up to speed again.

I remmeber that at least the beginners manual were in a svn repository
to which I had write access. I once tried to change the first chapter of
the beginner's manual to be more in line with what I thought that a
beginner would understand more easily, but then realized that the tone of
that chapter different from the rest of the manual: just a differece
between Hans' and my writing style. That is always the difficulty with a
collaborative documentation.

But it will be great if the main manual is updated so that it compiles
with current ConTeXt. Also, there needs to be a documentation to tell how
to use the existing ConTeXt documentation. I will try to clean up the wiki
page sometime next month (sorry no time before that).

Aditya