Dear ConTeXt experts,

I would like to achieve the following effect when placing figures and tables:

***Start example***

FIGURE 1.2  Effect of Monotone Transformations

(a pdf-file containing the graphic goes here)

Caption text at the bottom of the figure

***Stop example***

Currently I'm using the following code (that puts the figure title and caption
together)

\placeFIGURE
[here][fig:sml]
{\figTitle{Effect of monotone transformations.} The left-hand panel
shows $20$ points $(x_i,y_i)$ sampled at random from a bivariate
standard normal
distribution. The points on the right-hand panel are given by the
monotone transformation
$(x_i,y_i) \mapsto (\exp(x_i), \exp(2 y_i))$.}
{\startcombination[2*1]
{\externalfigure[sml1a-id-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
{\externalfigure[sml1a-tr-sca][width=0.4\textwidth]}{}
\stopcombination}

Any suggestions on how to set up figure titles at the top of the figure and
caption text at the bottom of the figure?

Thank you very much for any suggestions,

Ernesto