On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vasile Gaburici wrote:
>>
>> Problems:
>> - Bold is not listed for *any* font from OSFONTDIR = C:/windows/fonts
>
> That is odd indeed. I have *no* idea what is going on, sorry. Hans
> may be able to help.

Could it a problem with the cache/hash? Bold is a prefix of Bold Italic...
FYI: XeTeX had a somewhat similar problem in 0.999.4; it got fixed in 0.999.5.

>> - Typesetting with any specified font fails
>
> In plain TeX this is expected. You are not running context at all.

I know; I was taking it one step at a time. I assume LuaTeX will
(eventually) be usable even without ConTeXt...

>> C:\tlhome\Vasile>luatex hellolua.tex
>
> Try this instead:
>
>  C:\tlhome\Vasile>context hellolua.tex

Thanks, I'll try it later today; I don't have the windows box with me
right now...