Dear gang,

I have uploaded the latest version of the ConTeXt support package for
Notepad++.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Image:Npp_ConTeXt.zip

It has been updated to 5.0.3, the latest stable version. The main
difference in the package is the new autocompletion file format. See
context.xml. I have also included the Explorer plugin and the latest
NppExec plugin (2.4) -- the NppExec that comes with 5.0.3 is just slightly
out of date (2.4 RC1).

Npp now supports calltips. I was thinking of adding them to context.xml
but it would be very time-consuming. Basically, when typing a context
command you would get a little window giving you some info about that
command if you want it. I may make some suggestions to the Npp team to
make this feature more useful.

Anyway, Npp keeps getting better and better. It recently won the
SourceForge's Community Choice Awards for Best Tool or Utility for
Developers:

http://ostatic.com/169634-blog/sourceforges-community-choice-awards-winners-named

There are just a few more things Npp could use to make this a near-perfect
ConTeXt editor, I'll bug the developers soon...

Npp can now use external lexers. Eventually I would like to translate the
ConTeXt syntax setup to a lexer so we can add a bit more flexibility.
Lexer development is way beyond my skills at the moment but if anyone is
interested in contributing to this I'd be happy for the help.

F7 will repeat the last script executed by F6. So it behaves differently
than F7 in Hans' Scite setup (Build). I use NppExec instead of Run anyway.
In the next version, I may deprecate the Run menu commands and attach the
shortcuts to the NppExec scripts; I think there is even a way to then may
a menu of these NppExec shortcuts. This will allow for easier tweaking and
experimenting by users, and also updating when Hans changes things ;-)

The startstop module is still included, though Hans has just added support
for footnote etc environments so that part of the module can be commented
out. For mkiv a new sectioning mechanism is on the way, and mkii users can
still use Wolfgang's module. See startstop.tex.

The original instructions are here:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070813.050137.7a5796f0.en.html

Enjoy!

Best wishes