On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Alan Bowen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My ConTeXtMinimals.engine file currently has the the following lines:
> #!/bin/bash
> source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
> /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/context/tex
> texexec "$1"

Remove "context" from the second argument:
   source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex
instead of
   source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/context/tex

> I am puzzled that
> chmod a+x ~/Library/TeXShop/ConTeXtMinimals.engine
> gets
> chmod: /Users/alancbowen/Library/TeXShop/ConTeXtMinimals.engine: No such
> file or directory

Because you have probably created a file
   ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ConTeXtMinimals.engine
and not a file
   ~/Library/TeXShop/ConTeXtMinimals.engine
(tiny differences), so the second works.

> while
> chmod 775 ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ConTeXtMinimals.engine
> seems to work (at least there are no error messages).
> I am not quite sure what you mean here, but if I reduce
> ConTeXtMinimals.engine to
> source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
> I get
> The argument "/Users/alancbowen/Desktop/TeXTesting/hello.tex" is not a valid
> TEXROOT path.
> There is no file
> "/Users/alancbowen/Desktop/TeXTesting/hello.tex/texmf/tex/plain/base/plain.tex"
> Setting "/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex" as TEXROOT instead.
> and then nothing.

Sorry - I thought that the issue has been fixed, but it hasn't. So you need
   source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex
only
   source /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
does not suffice. It does on Windows, but apparently there's no way to
figure out location of the sourced script under linux (or at least I
don't know any).

Mojca