On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 08:25:38PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Khaled Hosny wrote:
> core-con.mkiv 20: \def\abjadnumerals
> #1{\ctxlua{converters.arabicnumerals(\number#1)}}
> core-con.mkiv 21: \def\abjadnodotnumerals
> #1{\ctxlua{converters.arabicnodotnumerals(\number#1)}}
> core-con.mkiv 22: \def\abjadnaivenumerals
> #1{\ctxlua{converters.arabicnaivenumerals(\number#1)}}
> core-con.mkiv 87: \def\arabicnumerals
> #1{\ctxlua{converters.alphabetic(\number#1,"arabic")}}
> core-con.mkiv 99: \defineconversion [arabicnumerals]     [\arabicnumerals]
>  >

> the abjad number converters are definied differently (based on specs by
> idris)

True, but in:
\def\abjadnumerals#1{\ctxlua{converters.arabicnumerals(\number#1)}}
There is actually no converters.arabicnumerals, only
converters.abjadnumerals, so I think this is a typo.

> so, if the 0/1 offset is a problem then we need to fix the tables, not
> the function (unless arabic follows a different logic, as chinese does)

That is OK as far as it works :) I was thrilled with how easy is lua and
thought I'd try to write some code (like a kid playing with this new toy
:p), and I don't think we have any special logic, it is essentially the
same system with different numerals.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team