Mohamed Bana wrote:

> Sorry I didn't quiet understand that.  Given this;
>
> $ mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern=warnock
> warnockpro-bold WarnockPro-Bold WarnockPro-Bold.otf

looks like an old version, should be

warnockprobold WarnockPro-Bold <fullpathifsystemfont>/WarnockPro-Bold.otf

> which of the following are correct;
>
> 1. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [name:warnockpro-bold]

best use

    name:warnockprobold

although context will strip the - anyway

> 2. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [name:WarnockPro-Bold]
> 3. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [file:WarnockPro-Bold.otf]
> 4. \definefontsynonym [WarnockPro-Regular] [file:WarnockPro-Bold]
>

>> also, do you use the latest mtxrun, mtx-fonts and context? the first
>> entry in the list should show the stripped name
>
> I'm using cont-tmf.zip uploaded on 2008-08-05 18:50
> (http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm) extracted to ~/texmf.  I need this
> because I use TeXLive 2007.

can you try the beta? something was fixed

> Hans, why does it compile fine when I copy the fonts over to the working
> directory?  There must be something wrong with the OSFONTDIR variable.  BTW, I
> think you should switch over to linux and make life easier for us :)

it has nothing to do with linux (and actually i run linux on the servers
that serve tex processing for projects)

mtxrun --script fonts

operates on the tree and does not limit the search to the 'official'
locations, while context, when a font is loaded, does obey those
limitations

the current path is always taken as valid

Hans

ps. the latest beta really should work ok (tested at conference)